- 600g white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sweet red bell pepper (capsicum), chopped
- 500g extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean or Jamaican jerk seasoning blend*
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cobs of corn, husked and halved
Preheat outdoor grill or oven to 220° C. On a work surface place 4 sheets (each about 50cm long) of heavy duty or doubled aluminium foil. In the centre of each piece of foil arrange a generous 1/2 cup mushrooms, overlapping slightly and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons couscous. Top each with onion, red bell pepper, shrimp and wine, dividing evenly. Dot each with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon jerk seasoning blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Sprinkle an equal amount of salt over each portion. Arrange remaining mushrooms over shrimp, overlapping slightly; place 1/2 a cob of corn on the side. Bring long sides of foil together over mixture, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion; fold to seal. Fold up short ends; crimp to seal. Place on outdoor grill or in oven. Cook until shrimp are done (on the grill for about 15 minutes, turning once, or in the oven for about 20 minutes). Place in individual shallow serving bowls; carefully unfold foil; serve.
* Jerk seasoning is available in most supermarket spice sections. If unavailable, substitute 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon each time, allspice and ground red pepper.